Thursday, May 6, 2010

Light design




For this blog, I want to be creative and deign lights for my play. The name of my play is “The Journey to IUP”. This play is about two young men on their way to Indiana University of Pennsylvania. They go through a lot of grief just to get to school. These two young Men names are Jonathan and Michael. Two very close friends the graduated high school together and now going to the same college together. The setting of the play takes place in two locations at Jonathan house and on interstate 76. The play begins in Jonathan house. This is where the problem starts. His car is constantly overheating. During the trip to IUP, they are face with this problem. The two young men eventually made it to IUP. However, they were an hour late.
The types of lights for this play are unique. When I say unique, I mean that the lighting design would appear in very different vibrant colors. Because most of the play takes place during the night, the stage will be mostly dark. Therefore, the special lighting effects will illuminate the stage. This will present the effects of them being on the interstate. The characters in the play will be in the car for most of the play. So at some point in time the stage will be bright or dark.

I want this play to look very well realistic. Therefore, I took the time to search the internet looking for decent pictures of stage lights. It took a while to find the type of lighting design I want. In my set of pictures, I decided to include a picture of lighting tornado. I thought the effect of how lighting illuminate the sky while a tornado is occurring is cool. The last picture I added will be the lighting use to represent Jonathan’s room.










No comments:

Post a Comment